- 2 large eggplants
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- Fresh Basil
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- Black pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
How to make
- Cut the tomatoes in half & put them in a bowl with Sea Salt, pepper, crushed garlic, basil, oregano and approximately 1/2 cup of Papa Vince EVOO. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Slice the eggplant length ways and place half of the slices in a greased roasting pan.
- Place the tomatoes on top of the eggplant. Drizzle with more EVOO. Add another slice of eggplant and tomatoes so you have a double layer.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the eggplant is soft.
- If you wish, you can add freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top of your ‘pizzas’ either before or after you’ve baked them in the oven.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 4 people
My mom invented this recipe herself because she loves pizza but wanted to make a healthy version. Instead of using a crust she uses eggplant & she calls this recipe her 'PizzaJola'.
This is a low carb, gluten free vegetable pizza that is ready in just about 1 hour. You can add freshly grated Parmesan cheese or eat it just as it is.