Mediterranean / Vegan Diet
- 35 to 40 ounces fingerling or baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 ½ tablespoons PAPA VINCE extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon PAPA VINCE sea salt, plus more as needed
How to make Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
- Fit a steamer basket into a medium sauce pan with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add 2 to 3 inches of cold water, then add the potatoes.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Steam the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and let cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Add the PAPA VINCE olive oil, rosemary and PAPA VINCE sea salt to the potatoes and toss to lightly coat, using a large spoon, letting the excess olive oil and rosemary run to the bottom of the bowl.
- Arrange the potatoes, about ½-inch apart, in a single layer on the prepared pan.
- Using a sturdy, flat spatula, “smash” each potato so it is slightly flattened.
- Brush the tops of the flattened potatoes with the olive oil-rosemary mixture that settled into the bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Roast for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and slightly crispy. Season with more sea salt, if desired, while still hot.
- Let cool 10 minutes and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Serves: 6-8 people
These little darlings are a fun and flavorful way to present potatoes. The inside pulp stays nice and tender while the outside gets crispy. Serve these on the side for any party meal, even breakfast!
Recipe from Vegan For Everyone by Laura Theodore. Published by Scribe Publishing Company, ©2020. Reprinted by permission.