- 1 medium sized pumpkin or squash (or use 2 smaller ones - they are softer)
- 1 onion
- 1 head of garlic (use less according to taste)
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lb Papa Vince Busiate Pasta
How to make
- Cook the Papa Vince Busiate Pasta following the instructions on the packet.
- Peel the Pumpkin or Squash using the Papa Vince peeler & cut into cubes.
- Slice the onion.
- Put the pumpkin, onion and 1/2 of the garlic cloves in a large pot on the stove.
- Put on a high heat until it boils and then turn to medium and cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Strain the water & reserve a little.
- Grate the remaining garlic cloves into a paste using the Papa Vince peeler.
- Put the vegetables in a blender with some of the water & some of the Papa Vince EVOO.
- You will have to repeat this step several times.
- Add Black Pepper, red pepper flakes and some extra EVOO into the sauce.
- Serve the pasta topped with the pumpkin sauce & of course you can always add more EVOO & some pecorino cheese.
- Prep Time:20 mins
- Cook Time:30 mins
- Serves:8-10 people
My mom & I like to exercise every morning so we're hungry when lunch time comes around. We love this recipe because it contains our favorite pasta with a healthy, seasonal vegetable. We add in lots of raw garlic which certainly adds to the flavor of the dish but it also boosts your immune system which is so important during the change of seasons.
This is the Italian / Sicilian way to eat pumpkin pasta. Buon Appetito!