Garlic & Lemon Hummus
Mediterranean / Vegan Diet
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas (garbanzo beans) with liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste) - optional
- 1/4 cup Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 4 cloves garlic (peeled & chopped or minced)
Papa Vince Sea Salt, freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon + more if needed
Papa Vince Lemon Olive Oil to drizzle on top
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
How to make
- Put everything in the blender or food processor except the parsley and the lemon olive oil and begin to process. Add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning & then chill before serving.
- Serve drizzled with Papa Vince lemon olive oil and sprinkled with parsley.
- Serve with crackers or a selection of raw vegetables.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Serves: 8 people
Traditionally a middle Eastern food & a staple in the Mediterranean diet, hummus has become an established favorite in any health conscious kitchen. Packed with vitamins & minerals and anti-oxidants from the extra virgin olive oil, not only will it make you healthy from the inside out but will also wake up your tastebuds.
With just a few ingredients, you can easily make it yourself at home. Save yourself a trip to the grocery store, cut the cost in half and you’ll also have the satisfaction of making your own healthy food in your own kitchen.
All you need is a good quality blender or food processor & your Papa Vince Olive Oil & Lemon Olive Oil and you’re all set.