- 4 sausages (I used turkey, you can use pork or veggie if you prefer)
- 2 cups of cubed sweet potato
- 4 cups of kale, torn into small pieces
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into small cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Papa Vince Lemon Olive Oil
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
How to make
- Cook the sausages. I prefer to grill and then cut them into small slices.
- Drizzle Papa Vince EVOO in a large skillet & place over a medium-high heat.
- Add the sweet potato cubes and stir until they start to sizzle. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan so the sweet potatoes steam. Cook for about 10 minutes until they are tender.
- Add the red bell pepper & cook for 2 or 3 minutes before you add in the kale.
- Stir all the ingredients together and season with Papa Vince Sea Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (just a pinch, if desired ... a little goes a long way)!
- Drizzle liberally with Papa Vince Lemon Olive Oil just before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
This is a recipe I found on a fitness website. I made it because I love the 3 main ingredients and it looked quick and easy to make. Instead of using lemon juice and maple syrup to sweeten the dish, I simply added Papa Vince Extra Virgin Lemon Olive Oil and it was delicious! It was so good, I had to share the recipe!