- 8 - 10 oz spaghetti or pasta
- 1/2 lb fresh squid
- Squid ink
- 1 bottle Papa Vince tomato sauce
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt, pepper & red pepper flakes to taste
- Splash of white wine
How to make
- Take a good quality frying pan and place it on the stove on a medium heat.
- Add a whole clove of garlic and a generous amount of Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Add the squid to the pan (make sure it has been cleaned first). Fry it gently, making sure that it doesn't burn & add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste.
- When the squid starts to turn a rose color, add a splash of white wine into the pan and let it smoke for 1 minute.
- Add Papa Vince tomato sauce and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the squid ink to the sauce, be careful not to break the sack and watch your sauce turn black with the ink.
- Remove the garlic clove.
- When your spaghetti is cooked to al dente, add it into the frying pan and mix it together.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve. Buon Appetito!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cooking Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 2 people
We met chef Filippa in Messina, Sicily who showed us how to make a real squid ink spaghetti. She told us that her grandma taught her how to make it and it's a common recipe where she lives, in fact she makes it in her restaurant everyday. It's not that difficult you just need fresh squid, the best quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil and tomato sauce and then the flavor is exquisite! Filippa loved making her recipe with Papa Vince products because the Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) made the pasta shine and the tomato sauce is not acidic, it's the quality that counts!