- 1/3 cup Papa Vince Orange Marmalade
- 2 tbsp Papa Vince Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- 1 pre cooked chicken
How to Make Sicilian Orange Roasted Chicken
- Set oven to 350 degrees. Cover the pre-cooked chicken with foil to protect the skin and warm through for about 15-20 minutes.
- While the chicken warms stir together the orange marmalade with the Balsamic Vinegar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt and pepper and pour over the chicken.
- Return chicken to the oven (uncovered) for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce begins to brown.
- Garnish with candied oranges.
- Serve with couscous, risotto or with a mixed green salad.
How to make Candied Oranges
- Slice oranges and place on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with marmalade, sprinkle top of slices with just a bit of light brown or granulated sugar (either works well) and add bits of salted butter.
- Broil in 425 degree oven. Keep an eye on them and remove once they glisten and turn brown on the edges of the orange skin (around 5 minutes).
- These candied oranges are a perfect edible garnish for your Sicilian marmalade chicken.
They store well and are terrific for lunch boxes or a snack. Eat extra candied oranges cold the next day with vanilla Greek yogurt, yummy!
Our friend Maxine created this recipe and we loved it so much, we wanted to share it with you. Maxine is an award winning author from Monterey, California who loves to bring the flavors and memories of Sicily into her kitchen and her beloved children's books.