Mediterranean / Vegan Diet
- 6 medium Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- 1 tbsp, plus 1 ½ tsp PAPA VINCE extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 5 to 6 slices whole grain bread, torn in several pieces
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning
- ½ tsp PAPA VINCE sea salt, plus more as needed
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups (packed) baby spinach, finely chopped
How to make Stuffed Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Arrange the mushrooms on the prepared pan, gill side up.
- Spoon ¼ teaspoon PAPA VINCE olive oil and ½ teaspoon tamari over the gills of each mushroom.
- Put the bread, all-purpose seasoning and PAPA VINCE sea salt in a blender and process into crumbs.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Put the pecans in blender and process until coarsely ground.
- Transfer the pecans to the bowl with the breadcrumbs.
- Add the baby spinach, 1 tablespoon PAPA VINCE EVOO and stir until thoroughly combined, adding more EVOO if the crumbs still seem a bit dry.
- Divide the breadcrumb mixture evenly among the portobellos, mounding about 1/2 cup of the mixture in each (an ice-cream scoop works well).
- Press the mixture firmly in place so it will adhere to the mushrooms while baking.
- Tent the mushrooms with foil and bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until the topping is crisp and the mushrooms are tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Serves: 4-6 people
A simple vegan recipe from the Jazzy Vegetarian. These could be served as an appetizer or as an entree with potatoes and side vegetables. As Laura would say, 'they're jazzylicious!'
Recipe from Vegan For Everyone by Laura Theodore. Published by Scribe Publishing Company, ©2020. Reprinted by permission.