Mediterranean / Vegan Diet
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 cups peeled and diced red and/or white potatoes
- 1½ cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup red lentils, sorted and thoroughly rinsed
- 8 ounces cremini or white button mushrooms, sliced or diced
- ½ cup water, plus more as needed
- 2 teaspoons PAPA VINCE extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder, plus more as needed
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon PAPA VINCE sea salt
How to make
- Put all of the ingredients in a medium-sized soup pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, decrease the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 45 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the lentils are soft.
- Add more water, as needed, if the soup becomes too thick as it cooks.
- Serve piping hot.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of EVOO on top to really enhance the flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins
- Serves: 4 people
Recipe from Vegan For Everyone by Laura Theodore. Published by Scribe Publishing Company, ©2020. Reprinted by permission.