- 400g penne pasta (or why not try the recipe with Papa Vince Busiate pasta?)
- 8 oz fresh shrimp
- 1 zucchini (washed & peeled)
- 1/2 jar of Papa Vince tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- Splash of white wine
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Salt & Pepper
How to make
- Put a heavy saucepan on the stove at medium high heat.
- Add Papa Vince EVOO & the clove of garlic.
- Cut the zucchini into small cubes, add it to the hot oil and wait for it to soften.
- Add a pinch of salt (to taste).
- When the zucchini is soft add in the Papa Vince tomato sauce and allow the flavors to mingle.
- Add some black pepper (to taste).
- Add the shrimp & then a splash of white wine to smoke the sauce.
- The sauce is ready for you to add the penne, make sure it's cooked al dente.
- Mix the pasta with the sauce in the pan, it will continue to cook & will soak up the flavors of the sauce.
- It's ready to serve. Buon Appetito!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 2 people
Italians are passionate about their food but wait until you meet Filippa, she's a local chef who we met in Messina, Sicily who really loves to cook with fresh quality produce. She showed us how to make a quick & simple pasta dish that you can easily recreate at home. The Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and tomato sauce give a beautiful golden finish to the sauce and allow you to experience the flavors of Sicily from any place in the world.
We had fun filming with her in her restaurant but she wished that our camera could pick up the aromas from the kitchen. You'll just have to try the recipe for yourself or come to Sicily with us.