- 1 lb Papa Vince Busiate Pasta
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 large sun dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cup of blanched almonds
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Hard cheese such as Pecorino (finely grated)
- Papa Vince Sea Salt, black pepper
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make
- Put the water on to boil to make the pasta.
- Make the pesto sauce by putting all the other ingredients in the blender and blend until it becomes a paste.
- When the water boils, add the pasta, some sea salt and stir and cook for 9 minutes until al dente. When the pasta is almost ready, put the pesto sauce in a frying pan with some Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and heat gently on a low heat.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat it entirely with the pesto sauce.
- Serve with fresh basil and a little extra grated cheese.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 5-6 people
This is a traditional Sicilian dish that takes its flavors from the province of Trapani. We met Samuele who works in a restaurant in Messina and he invited us into his home and showed us how to cook it.
It's a quick & easy vegetarian pasta dish that you can prepare in less than 30 minutes. All you need to do is cook the pasta and to make the pesto sauce, you just need to put all the other ingredients into the blender. You can also use a pestle & mortar and the dish will be even more flavorful but it will take longer.
Watch us making the recipe in the video, you'll see for yourself how easy it is!