Bread Crumbs Topping
Mediterranean / Vegan Diet
How to make
- Toast bread in the oven for approximately 10 minutes
- Put in the food processor to make the breadcrumbs but do not grind into a powder. Peel fresh garlic cloves
- Place whole garlic clove in the saucepan
- Add breadcrumbs
- Add 1 1/2 tbsp of Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Warm on stove at low heat
- Saute for about 2 minutes. Constantly stir and turn to prevent mixture from burning. Once toasty & crunchy, it is ready!!
- Remove garlic cloves before serving
- Sprinkle on your pasta or favorite food as a topping to create a delightfully crunchy texture.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 4 people
In times gone by, cheese was expensive in Sicily and so the people found a very creative way to replace the cheese in their pasta, by using natural bread crumbs.
This may be a new concept for us who are used to cheese but give the recipe a try, it's absolutely delicious!
This Recipe is also super simple and it will make you a star in the kitchen.
I am going to show you step-by-step how to make your own natural bread crumbs from scratch, it's the Sicilian way!
Watch the video & enjoy!