- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth (home made or store bought)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of kale, chopped
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
How to make
- Heat the EVOO in a pot over medium heat. Add the turkey and cook 3-4 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add the celery, carrots, onion, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Cook for 5 more minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Increase the heat and add the chicken broth, water and bay leaf. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the kale 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a drizzle of EVOO on top, it enhances the flavor and gives you a helping of healthy fats for the day!
- If you have any leftovers, it tastes even better warmed up the next day.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 4 people
I got this recipe from Vani Hari, theFoodBabe on Instagram and it became one of my go to recipes this winter. It's warm and comforting, keeps you satisfied and it's so simple to make.