- 13 oz flour
- 3 large egg yolks (use 4 if using small eggs)
- 3.5 oz white sugar
- 3.5 oz butter
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 Jar Papa Vince Marmalade (orange or lemon)
How to Make
- Separate the egg yolks and put them in a mixing bowl together with the sugar.
- Add the butter in 2 stages and whisk the ingredients together with an electric mixer.
- Add in the flour a little at a time & continue to mix. Add a pinch of baking powder. Mix until it becomes a stiff dough.
- Knead the dough on a wooden surface and then roll it out either by hand or using a rolling pin.
- Grease a round pie sheet with butter and sprinkle with flour to stop the dough from sticking.
- Line the pie sheet with the dough making sure you have even coverage. Reserve some dough to make your lattice top.
- Cover the pastry base with Papa Vince marmalade.
- Take small pieces of dough, roll them out & arrange on top of the marmalade to make the lattice.
- Finish by pricking the outside crust with a fork all the way around.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes at 380 degrees.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Bake Time: 25-30 mins
- Serves: 8-10 people
Stefano couldn't wait for Chef Federico to come and show us how to make an Italian Crostata. It's a baked lattice tart that we filled with Papa Vince marmalade. It's a delicious, fast and easy dessert and when it comes to health, home made is always best! It's as easy as pie!