- 5 cups of flour
- 7 eggs
- 1 lemon zest
- 3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of Papa Vince’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cup of milk
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- Butter to grease the pan
How to make
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, put sugar and egg and start mixing until sugar is completely melted with the eggs and the batter becomes fluffy and light yellow.
- Add the milk, then the extra virgin olive oil and the lemon zest.
- Gradually add the flour, making sure that no lumps are formed.
- Finally add the baking powder.
- Grease the ring-pan with butter and then add some flour and move the pan to evenly distribute the flour on the surface of the pan.
- Add the batter to the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 70 min.
- Do not open the oven during the first 25 min.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Serves: 4-6 people
This wonderful pound cake is an Italian staple tradition that brings many warm memories of my Mom and family. After Cornetti and Biscotti, is the perfect choice for breakfast along with a cup of cafe latte. Besides, it helps you fight cholesterol since it is made with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. When making mine, I choose to use organic ingredients like organic whole wheat unbleached flour. organic sugar and organic eggs. Get ready to bake and please, do not forget to share your experience. Buon Appetito!!