Pasta with Spinach & Peas
You can add salt & pepper to taste. The Feta cheese has a salty taste & so I didn’t add any extra salt. You can serve the dish with freshly ground black pepper.
How to make
- Boil water in a large pot to cook the pasta. When the water boils, add the pasta & cook for approximately 10 minutes until ‘al dente’ tender & chewy at the same time.
- Chop the onion into small pieces and pan fry in Extra Virgin Olive Oil until soft and golden brown.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for just a couple of minutes.
- Steam the spinach in a pan until wilted.
- Add the peas & the spinach into the pot with the onion and add more EVOO as required.
- When the pasta is almost ready add the feta to the vegetables.
- Drain the pasta and add some more Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together and let it sit in the pot for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, a dollop of ricotta or a swirl of EVOO on top.
- Enjoy with a fresh Italian salad & maybe a glass of red wine.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serves: 5-6 people
We chose Papa Vince Tumminia pasta to make this recipe because it has 6 times more fiber than regular pasta, is easy to digest and has a low glycemic index.
If you’re looking for a healthy pasta, this is definitely the one to try, absolutely no sugar rush & it tastes delicious!
You’ll be happy that you dined the Sicilian way!