Papa Vince Whole Wheat Pasta - made from Ancient Grains grown in Sicily, Italy. Non enriched. No bleached. No funny taste. AL DENTE texture even if reheated. Handcrafted Busiate, Low Acid, Lower Gluten
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- FREE SHIPPING for orders over $85
- Securely packaged
* Includes 2 Packages
THE ROMAN LEGIONNAIRE'S ANCIENT GRAIN
Before the Green Revolution in the 1950s, Ancient Grains were the staple for bread, pastas, and dough. Back then, gluten sensitivity was practically unheard of.
In 2013, after seeing some of my own family members struggle with gluten intolerance, I decided to resurrect the Ancient Grains consumed by the Roman Legionnaires themselves.
Sicily’s elite grain provided vital energy for each Roman legionnaire trained to march 20 miles in 5 hours while carrying 60-100 lbs of gear! To accomplish this, each Roman legionnaire was provided a daily ration of 900 grams of grain (75% of their entire ration) almost this whole bag!
BUSIATE DURUM PASTA FEATURES
- GLUTEN, IN ITS ANCIENT FORM - Ancient Grains have not undergone modern intensive breeding. This pasta is made from the same grain consumed by the Ancient Roman Legionnaires
- NO BLEACHED | NO ENRICHED
- IT DOESN’T TASTE LIKE CARDBOARD - Al Dente texture for sauce to cling to. You’ll never miss pasta again!
- GOOD SOURCE OF FIBER & PROTEINS - Ancient grains are a complete source of naturally occurring proteins & prebiotic fiber (soluble & insoluble). Supports anti-inflammatory diets.
- SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE - Because of their genetic BIODIVERSITY, ancient grains are adapted to difficult growth conditions preventing soil degradation threatened by intensive agriculture. The ancient wheat plants grow over 2 meters tall, far above the soil, so there is no contamination of any kind from infesting weeds, meaning production is exclusively biological: No fertilizers, No pesticides, No Insecticides, No chemicals!
- CLEAN FOOD | no artificial additives or preservatives | no pesticides
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS | Semolina flour from Durum Wheat | PH balanced spring water | does not contain eggs
- WHOLE GRAIN PASTA - stone ground grain that contains the original bran, endosperm & wheatgerm of the grain | easier to digest | less bloating | contains nutrients unlike refined or enriched pastas
- NO MORE AFTER-MEAL LETHARGY - natural protein reduces sugar rush
- CRAFTED BY ARTISANS - superior taste & texture
- TRADITIONAL CORKSCREW SHAPE FROM SICILY - shaped to hang on to the last drop of sauce
HOW TO USE
• AL DENTE PERFECTION in less than 10 minutes. It's how the Italians enjoy pasta, tender & crunchy at the same time (make sure you follow the directions on the package).
SERVE with Bolognese sauce, Papa Vince cherry tomato sauce or your favorite veggies sautéed in Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
WHY PAPA VINCE CLEAN FOOD
It doesn’t matter what you buy from Papa Vince, all our products follow the same quality guidelines. This is what you can expect:
- NO PESTICIDES | NO INSECTICIDES | NO HERBICIDES | NON GMO
- NO SPRAYED WITH GLYPHOSATE
- NO CHEMICALS | NO ENHANCERS | NO ADDITIVES
- NO PRESERVATIVES | NO ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS
- NO HIDDEN INGREDIENTS | NO STANDARDIZATION
- NO SYNTHETIC FIBERS | NO SYNTHETIC VITAMINS | NO SYNTHETIC NUTRIENTS
- NO BLEACHING | NO COLORING
- All Papa Vince's products are produced in small quantities with few ingredients of high quality and allows you to taste the nuances of nature instead of a standardized flavors created by the corporations.
About Papa Vince
My family has been growing, harvesting and pressing its own Extra Virgin Olive Oil since 1935. Our orchards are located in Sicily, Italy.
Papa Vince entered the US market in March 2013. Since then, the excitement that our customers share daily through emails, phone calls and in social media has catapulted us to expand our tent beyond Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
In 2016 we decided to partner with local artisans in Sicily to bring to you, our customer, the highest quality possible pastas, tomato sauces, vinegars, sea salt, marmalades and coffee, all made in Sicily by locals with local products.
Papa Vince is a small family business. Our goal is to restore the joy of family and friends sitting around the table to enjoy an incredible meal - just like the ones Grandma used to make. Once you taste Papa Vince foods we are convinced you will become part of our family. It’s the Italian way – to make friends, with good food around the table.