- King Prawns
- Fresh thick spaghetti
- Semolina flour
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
How to make
- Clean the king prawns but leave the head & tail on.
- Dust the fresh spaghetti with semolina flour and then tie a few strands around the prawn.
- Roll the prawn package in the flour again.
- Heat the Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) in a non stick frying pan until very hot.
- Add the prawns and fry gently for a few minutes until thoroughly cooked through.
- Serve & enjoy - the spaghetti makes the king prawns nice & crunchy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2 people
This is a recipe that chef Filippa made for us at her restaurant in Messina. Her daughter came up with the idea to wrap the king prawns in spaghetti, they loved how it tasted and have been making it ever since. Of course she lives right on the coast of Sicily and has the best of the fresh catch to cook everyday.
Chef Filippa says in the video that Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the oil that can heat to the highest temperature without becoming toxic and that's why Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is perfect for this recipe. We checked out her claims with the OliveOil Times, you can read it here for yourself.