- (amounts will depend on how many you are cooking for)
- Lamb cut up into pieces
- Potatoes - peeled & cut into pieces
- Sliced onions
- Peeled & chopped tomatoes
- Papa Vince Sea Salt, Pepper
- Fresh herbs - rosemary, sage & oregano
- 1 lemon
- White wine
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
How to make
- Put the meat in the roasting pan and lay the potatoes on top, followed by the onions, bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Squeeze the lemon on top of the ingredients and then scatter all the fresh herbs and the salt & pepper on the very top.
- Add a little white wine to the pan to tenderize and sweeten the meat and finally add a generous helping of Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix all the ingredients together with hands so that they are all coated in the EVOO, wine and herbs.
- Cover the pan and leave it in the fridge overnight (the longer the better) to marinate.
- When you're ready, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and then place the pan in the oven.
- Let it cook for around 1 hour and then check to see if the meat & the potatoes are cooked & tender. If not, place it back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
Cousin Cati came to visit us from Sicily a few years ago. She is an excellent chef and, she prepared this roast lamb & vegetable dish for us, Sicilian-style, of course!
It is absolutely delicious, we can still remember the aromas in our kitchen! Make sure you watch the video for Cati's tips on how to make it.
Please note that this recipe tastes best if you prepare it the day before and then let it marinate overnight in the refrigerator. This is the way that Cati prepares it in the video.