- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 2 slices of bread
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 jar Papa Vince Tomato Sauce
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Papa Vince Busiate Pasta
- Papa Vince Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
How to make
- Put the ground beef in a mixing bowl with chopped onion & garlic (you can use the Papa Vince Peeler).
- Add the egg and the whole pieces of bread (dip them in water first - watch Chef Federico in the video).
- Add Papa Vince Sea Salt & pepper.
- Mix and knead the meat until everything is absorbed & it feels compact.
- Make into approximately 20, small to medium sized meatballs.
- Add Papa Vince EVOO to a pan on medium heat & gently fry the meatballs.
- When the meatballs are cooked on the outside, add the Papa Vince Tomato Sauce to the pan. Let it boil and then turn to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta. Boil a large pot of water and then add Papa Vince Sea Salt. Add the pasta & let it cook for 9 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it back to pan with some of the tomato sauce to cook together for 1 minute. The pasta will absorb the flavor of the sauce.
- Serve with a meatball on top of the pasta, a little extra sauce & parmesan cheese on top.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
This is a very simple recipe for making real Italian meatballs in less than 45 minutes. We used ground beef but you can use ground turkey or even add in some vegetables. Make sure you watch the instruction video, Chef Federico shows you how to make them like they do in Rome!