Pasta with Broccoli
- 1 lb Broccoli
- 1 lb Papa Vince Busiate Pasta
- Papa Vince Raw Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- Papa Vince Sea Salt to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Parsley Pesto - see recipe below
- Cheese or Bread Crumbs - see Papa Vince Recipe to make your own.
How to make
- Chop broccoli and steam until soft.
- Heat water in a large pot in order to make your pasta.
- Add 2-3 tbsp Parsley Pesto to a heated pan and add the steamed broccoli. While the paste heats and cooks together press down the broccoli with a potato-masher.
- Stir together with salt and pepper to taste.
- Smash and mix broccoli and pesto combination a second time. Continue mixing and stirring for a pesto consistency.
- Add pasta to the boiling water and make sure to add Extra Virgin Olive Oil with the water and pasta. Stir immediately to avoid sticking.
- Add 1 cup of the pasta-water to the broccoli-parsley pesto on low heat. Make sure it becomes creamy.
- Cook pasta until "al-dente" and drain.
- Add the pasta back to the pot after rinsing pot in cold water. Then add the broccoli-parsley pesto.
- Top with extra pesto, breadcrumbs, and of course, extra virgin olive oil.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 4 people
My Mom makes the most delicious Pasta with Broccoli. The ingredients include our parsley pesto which can be completed while waiting for the broccoli to steam and the pasta to cook!
Even though my Mom doesn't speak any English, she loves to share her recipes and she loves making videos.