Vegan Mini Raspberry Cheezecakes
Mediterranean / Vegan Diet
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1 block (14 to 16 ounces) extra-firm regular tofu, well drained
- 1 aseptic box (12 to 12 1/2 ounces) firm silken tofu, well drained
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to make
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Thoroughly coat a 12-cup standard muffin tin with vegan margarine.
- To make the crust, put the raisins, pecans, and coconut in a high-performance blending appliance and process until the mixture forms soft dough.
- Transfer the dough to a plate.
- Put 1 heaping tablespoon of the dough into each muffin cup in a 12-cup, standard muffin tin.
- Gently press the dough into the bottom of the cup.
- Pre-bake the crust for 7 minutes.
- Put the pan on a wire rack and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes before filling.
- Meanwhile, put the filling ingredients in a high-performance blending appliance and process until very smooth.
- Divide the filling evenly among the 12 muffin cups, smoothing out the top as you go.
- Bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until the filling is almost set.
- Put the pan on a wire rack and loosen the sides of each mini-cake with a knife.
- Drizzle 1/4 teaspoon of maple syrup over top of each mini-cake.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then carefully remove each mini-cake from the muffin cup, and place it on the wire rack to further cool.
- While the mini-cakes cool, put 1/3 cup PAPA VINCE orange marmalade, the remaining 2 teaspoons maple syrup, and 2 teaspoons of water in a small bowl and briskly whisk until combined.
- Spoon about 1 1/2 heaping teaspoons of the mixture over the top of each mini-cake.
- Artfully press 3 raspberries into the top of each cheesecake.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Makes: 12 mini-cakes
Recipe from Vegan For Everyone by Laura Theodore. Published by Scribe Publishing Company, ©2020. Reprinted by permission.