Papa used to love grilled eggplants. In fact, eggplants are the most beloved summer vegetable in Sicily because it may be grilled in almost any form. Below is Papa's favorite way of grilling eggplants. Enjoy it!
(1) Stem the eggplant.
(2) Peel the Eggplant
(3) Cut eggplant into long thick slices, halves or rounds, about 1/2 inch thick. Thick slices take direct heat of the grill well. (4) Salt slices more than lightly and let drain for at least an hour. This step is very important since salt removes the bitterness.
(5) Rinse salt off of the eggplant.
(6) Mix Papa Vince EVOO with Parsley Pesto.
(7) Baste both side of each slice well with the Parsley Pesto Oil mix.
(8) Let the slices absorb the oil mix for 30 minutes.
(9) Grill until soft.
Traditionally a middle Eastern food & a staple in the Mediterranean diet, hummus has become an established favorite in any health conscious kitchen. Packed with vitamins & minerals and anti-oxidants from the extra virgin olive oil, not only will it make you healthy from the inside out but will also wake up your tastebuds.
All you need is a good quality blender or food processor & your Papa Vince Olive Oil & Lemon Olive Oil and you’re all set.
We recently served this as an appetizer at our Christmas Open House. We prepared a double portion and there was none left at the end of the evening.
This is a healthy & different appetizer idea that you can easily prepare and wow your guests at holiday parties!