- 1 cup Arborio Rice
- 1 small Onion
- 1lb Asparagus
- 1/2lb Shrimp
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth (either home made or store bought)
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Add Papa Vince Sea Salt & black pepper to taste
How to make
- Finely chop the onion using the Papa Vince Peeler.
- Chop the Asparagus. Save the heads for decoration.
- Pour Papa Vince EVOO into a frying pan and gently fry the onion.
- When it turns golden, add the rice and stir.
- Pour in the white wine and stir together. When the rice has absorbed the liquid add in some of the broth, stir and let it absorb the broth. Add the chopped asparagus to the rice. Keep adding more broth until the rice takes on a creamy consistency (approx. 25 minutes). The broth must be hot for the rice to cook.
- At the same time, gently fry the asparagus heads in Papa Vince EVOO in a separate frying pan.
- Gently fry the shrimp in Papa Vince EVOO in a separate frying pan. Add broth or white wine to keep the shrimp from sticking.
- When you're happy with the consistency of the rice (taste & see), add in the asparagus and then the shrimp.
- Serve immediately & drizzle with Papa Vince EVOO for extra flavor.
- Enjoy with a fresh green side salad or warm crusty bread.
- Buon Appetito!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4 people
Risotto is a truly Italian Dish. We don't eat it in Sicily though, it's a comfort food from Northern Italy. Risotto is made with a short grain rice known as Arborio and the dish gets its creamy consistency by adding broth to the rice and allowing the liquid to be absorbed as you go. It may sound complicated which is why we asked Chef Federico to show you how simple it is. Check out his video at the bottom of the page!