This is a recipe I found on a fitness website. I made it because I love the 3 main ingredients and it looked quick and easy to make. Instead of using lemon juice and maple syrup to sweeten the dish, I simply added Papa Vince Extra Virgin Lemon Olive Oil and it was delicious! It was so good, I had to share the recipe!
Preparation: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 persons
4 sausages (I used turkey, you can use pork or veggie if you prefer)
2 cups of cubed sweet potato
4 cups of kale, torn into small pieces
1 red bell pepper (cut into small cubes)
1 tablespoon Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Papa Vince Lemon Olive Oil
Papa Vince Sea Salt
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1. Cook the sausages. I prefer to grill and then cut them into small slices.
2. Drizzle Papa Vince EVOO in a large skillet & place over a medium-high heat.
Add the sweet potato cubes and stir until they start to sizzle. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan so the sweet potatoes steam. Cook for about 10 minutes until they are tender.
3. Add the red bell pepper & cook for 2 or 3 minutes before you add in the kale.
4. Stir all the ingredients together and season with Papa Vince Sea Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes (just a pinch, if desired ... a little goes a long way)!
5. Drizzle liberally with Papa Vince Lemon Olive Oil just before serving.
In English this recipe's name is Country Pasta. It's a simple recipe that my mom grew up eating in Sicily, especially at harvest time when they would eat outdoors. The tasty sauce is made with fresh tomatoes and raw garlic which is so good for your health. It's clean healthy food that can be eaten as part of the Mediterranean diet and it's suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians too.