1. Put washed spinach leaves in a bowl.
2. Peel the orange taking off all the white layer. Cut into segments by slicing along the white veins of the orange. Cut the segments in half & place in the bowl.
3. Chop the Walnuts (you can also use ready chopped walnuts). Place in the bowl.
4. Mix 1 tbsp Papa Vince EVOO with 1 tbsp Papa Vince Vinegar & add some Papa Vince Sea Salt & black pepper to taste.
5. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix together & serve.
A simple salad idea from Chef Federico. It combines energy boosting spinach, tangy orange full of vitamin C and walnuts which are rich in omega 3 healthy fats. These 3 ingredients are tossed together with our classic Papa Vince Italian dressing. It's clean, healthy, delicious and surprisingly sweet! The best thing is that you have a tasty salad in less than 10 minutes!
This is a traditional recipe with many of the flavors of Sicily. It makes a tasty & healthy pesto sauce that's ready in less than 30 minutes and can be served with Papa Vince Busiate Pasta.
You can use any nuts in this recipe but Chef Federico likes to use walnuts for their nutritional profile. Walnuts have a higher level of both anti-oxidants and omega 3 fatty acids than any other nut and can help to lower the risk of certain diseases as well as support heart and brain health and healthy aging.
You may think that olive oil is reserved for appetizers and entrees and maybe even drinking that single shot in the morning to boost your health. Who says that Extra Virgin Olive Oil doesn't also make a delicious dessert?
You know the Italians, they put their Extra Virgin Olive Oil on everything and ice cream is no exception. Top Italian Chefs inspired this idea and it's being served at Italian coffee shops and trendy restaurants, it's a must try for all adventurous foodies, so of course we had to give it the taste test!