We met Samuele in Messina, Sicily. He works in a restaurant and loves to cook! His wife Nadia says that she cooks at home most of the time but Samuele will cook for special occasions and for special guests. He invited us into his kitchen to show us how to make some traditional Sicilian recipes and if you watch our video you'll realize that you're his special guest!
Messina is on the east coast of Sicily, a beautiful city where fishermen pull up every day with an abundance of freshly caught fish. You can eat it in a variety of different ways and Samuele decided to make 'Pesce alla ghiotta' for us, which combines swordfish with some of the fresh local ingredients. Watch him make it in the video below, we're sure you'll enjoy the flair he puts into his cooking!
Fresh sliced swordfish (6-8 oz per person)
1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup green olives
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
2 tbsp capers
Papa Vince Sea Salt
Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Papa Vince Moscato Vinegar to serve
1. Hand press the garlic clove and put it in a frying pan with some Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The skin gives extra flavor, but don't worry you'll take it out again later.
2. As the temperature increases add the cherry tomatoes and half a cup of cold water. Leave it to cook for a minute or two with the lid on the pan.
3. Add the swordfish and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
4. Add the capers, olives and another pinch of salt and leave to cook again with the lid on for another 2 minutes.
5. Turn the swordfish over and then add the pine nuts, oregano, fresh parsley & a pinch of black pepper. Cook for another 2 minutes and turn the fish again.
6. Cook for another minute without the lid and the fish should be ready to serve!
7. Serve with some Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Papa Vince Moscato Vinegar to enhance the flavor.
This is a recipe that was shared by one of our loyal Papa Vince customers. They joined us on our Olive Harvest Tour in Sicily last year and came back with a love in their hearts for Sicily and all things Papa Vince.
We love our customers to share their healthy recipe ideas with us and we can't wait to try this dish ourselves, what better combination than chicken, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.
We met Teresa in Messina who invited us into her beautiful Italian home & showed us how to make some of her favorite family recipes. This Linguine recipe is one that she started making just to get creative in the kitchen. The combination of the anchovies and the omega 9 fatty acids in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil make this a health boosting recipe. If you're concerned about the linguine and want a more nutritious option, why not use Papa Vince Tumminia Pasta which is made with ancient grain and contains 6 times more fiber than regular pasta.