My mom has been making this recipe since before I was born, I think her mother made it before she did! This chicken soup is hearty, wholesome, makes you feel good & when served with some extra Papa Vince EVOO on top, the flavor is out of this world!
Prep: 15 mins, Cook Time: 45 mins Servings: 5-6
2 lbs chicken (thighs or breast, we used both)
1 large onion
3 or 4 white potatoes
2 sweet potatoes
5-6 cloves of garlic (or more or less depending on your taste)
Fresh Italian Parsley
Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Papa Vince Sea Salt
1.Put on a large pot of water to boil.
2. Chop the garlic and mix with the Italian parsley, 1 teaspoon of Papa Vince Sea Salt & 1/2 cup of Papa Vince EVOO (we used a pestle & mortar to mix)
3. Coat the raw chicken with the seasoning prepared in step 2 and leave it to season for 10 minutes. This makes all the difference to the flavor.
4. Peel & chop your vegetables into large chunks. Use the Papa Vince Peeler.
5. Add the chicken to the boiling water and leave it to cook for 10-15 minutes.
6. Add the vegetables and leave the soup to cook on a high heat for 30 minutes.
7. Taste & add more salt if required. Serve with some extra EVOO on top for added flavor.
In English this recipe's name is Country Pasta. It's a simple recipe that my mom grew up eating in Sicily, especially at harvest time when they would eat outdoors. The tasty sauce is made with fresh tomatoes and raw garlic which is so good for your health. It's clean healthy food that can be eaten as part of the Mediterranean diet and it's suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians too.