Italians are passionate about their food but wait until you meet Filippa, she's a local chef who we met in Messina, Sicily who really loves to cook with fresh quality produce. She showed us how to make a quick & simple pasta dish that you can easily recreate at home. The Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil and tomato sauce give a beautiful golden finish to the sauce and allow you to experience the flavors of Sicily from any place in the world.
We had fun filming with her in her restaurant but she wished that our camera could pick up the aromas from the kitchen. You'll just have to try the recipe for yourself or come to Sicily with us.
Prep Time: 5 mins Ready in: 20 mins Serves: 2 pers
400g penne pasta (or why not try the recipe with Papa Vince Busiate pasta?)
8 oz fresh shrimp
1 zucchini (washed & peeled)
1/2 jar of Papa Vince tomato sauce
1 clove garlic
Splash of white wine
Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt & Pepper
1. Put a heavy saucepan on the stove at medium high heat. Add Papa Vince EVOO & the clove of garlic.
2. Cut the zucchini into small cubes, add it to the hot oil and wait for it to soften. Add a pinch of salt (to taste).
3. When the zucchini is soft add in the Papa Vince tomato sauce and allow the flavors to mingle. Add some black pepper (to taste).
4. Add the shrimp & then a splash of white wine to smoke the sauce.
5. The sauce is ready for you to add the penne, make sure it's cooked al dente. Mix the pasta with the sauce in the pan, it will continue to cook & will soak up the flavors of the sauce.
6. It's ready to serve. Buon Appetito!
This is a recipe that was shared by one of our loyal Papa Vince customers. They joined us on our Olive Harvest Tour in Sicily last year and came back with a love in their hearts for Sicily and all things Papa Vince.
We love our customers to share their healthy recipe ideas with us and we can't wait to try this dish ourselves, what better combination than chicken, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.
We met Teresa in Messina who invited us into her beautiful Italian home & showed us how to make some of her favorite family recipes. This Linguine recipe is one that she started making just to get creative in the kitchen. The combination of the anchovies and the omega 9 fatty acids in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil make this a health boosting recipe. If you're concerned about the linguine and want a more nutritious option, why not use Papa Vince Tumminia Pasta which is made with ancient grain and contains 6 times more fiber than regular pasta.