This is a typical recipe from Sicily. My mom grew up eating dishes like this and that's how she has taught me to cook and to eat! Sicilians don't really eat a lot of meat, maybe once or twice a week. They prefer to eat the ingredients that grow freely in the fields. When my mom was growing up, my nonna would make home made pasta and they would pick the fresh olives and tomatoes in the fields. Of course you need a good quality olive oil to make it taste delicious ... just like Papa Vince!
Prep: 10 mins Cook Time: 15 mins: Ready in less than 30 minutes!
Ingredients: Serves 6 persons
1 lb (1 pack) Papa Vince Busiate Pasta (durum or tumminia)
2 lb Fresh Cherry Tomatoes
1 large can Black Olives
1 large onion
2-6 cloves of garlic, depending on your taste
Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Papa Vince Sea Salt
1. Put on a large pot of water to boil.
2. Chop cherry tomatoes in half. Slice black olives and chop onions and garlic.
3. Add Papa Vince EVOO to a frying pan and add the onions when the oil gets hot. Pan fry until golden brown.
4. Put tomatoes, olives and garlic in a bowl. Add Papa Vince Sea Salt, black pepper and about 1/2 cup of Papa Vince EVOO. Mix thoroughly.
5. Add tomato mix to the frying pan and let it cook for approximately 10 minutes on a low heat. Cover pan with a lid to keep the juices in.
6. When the water is boiling, add Papa Vince Sea Salt to the pot and then add Papa Vince Busiate Pasta and stir. Keep it on a medium temperature to cook for 10 minutes until 'al dente'.
7. When the pasta is cooked, add a glass of cold water to stop it from cooking further. Drain, add some more Papa Vince EVOO and mix in with the tomatoes.
8. Serve with an extra drizzle of Papa Vince EVOO on top.