I know what you are thinking, "Navy Beans?" In Italy poor people do not buy cheap frozen food. They simply eat all kinds of beans. They are very nutritious and cost less than processed food. Give it a try! This is one of my favorite recipes.
(1) Soak beans for 12 hours in cold water then drain.
(2) Bring 7 cups (3 1/2 pints) of water to boil, add beans and let them boil for 5-7 minutes.
(3) Meanwhile bring another 7 cubs of water to boil in a different pot.
(4) Drain the beans and add to the 2nd pot when boiling and turn heat down to a minimum. This step is very important because it removes the seed protective membrane which causes most digestive discomfort.
(5) Simmer without stirring for 3 hours. Drain beans again and set aside. Make sure to save some of the drained water.
(6) Chopped Fresh Roma Tomatoes into slice or squares.
(7) Heat Papa Vince EVOO and fry minced garlic until it begins to change color. DO NOT BROWN.
(8) Add drained beans.
(9) Stir gently with a wooden spoon to coat evenly with olive oil, taking care not to break up the beans. If it feel to dry, add some of the drain water.
(10) Add the chopped tomatoes and the chopped sage and simmer gently for another 15 minutes.
(11) Serve and add Fresh Papa Vince EVOO to taste. Simply Delicious!
(12) If desired, prepare some pasta and add beans as sauce. Make sure to drop a spoon of Papa Vince EVOO to season. Simply Delicious!