Stefano couldn't wait for Chef Federico to come and show us how to make an Italian Crostata. It's a baked lattice tart that we filled with Papa Vince marmalade. It's a delicious, fast and easy dessert and when it comes to health, home made is always best!
Prep: 15 mins Bake Time: 25-30 mins Serves: 8-10 portions
13 oz flour
3 large egg yolks (use 4 if using small eggs)
3.5 oz white sugar
3.5 oz butter
Pinch of baking powder
1 Jar Papa Vince Marmalade (orange or lemon)
1. Separate the egg yolks and put them in a mixing bowl together with the sugar.
2. Add the butter in 2 stages and whisk the ingredients together with an electric mixer.
3. Add in the flour a little at a time & continue to mix. Add a pinch of baking powder. Mix until it becomes a stiff dough.
4. Knead the dough on a wooden surface and then roll it out either by hand or using a rolling pin.
5. Grease a round pie sheet with butter and sprinkle with flour to stop the dough from sticking.
6. Line the pie sheet with the dough making sure you have even coverage. Reserve some dough to make your lattice top.
7. Cover the pastry base with Papa Vince marmalade.
8. Take small pieces of dough, roll them out & arrange on top of the marmalade to make the lattice.
9. Finish by pricking the outside crust with a fork all the way around.
10. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes at 380 degrees.