This recipe is super simple, delicious and only uses natural fresh ingredients.
NOTE: When grilling, Sicilians season their steaks with NOTHING - not even salt. This ensures that their steaks remain tender and juicy.
When serving, they top off their steaks with this steak sauce which is made from fresh garlic, tomatoes, and parsley. This recipe is one of my favorites!!
(1) Steam the tomatoes for two or three minutes in order to remove the skin. Steam until the skin forms a few cracks but make sure not to cook the tomatoes!
(2) Pour cold water on tomatoes to cool them enough to start peeling.
(3) Peel the tomatoes.
(4) Cut the tomatoes in quarters so that you can remove the seeds inside by scooping them out with a spoon.
(5) Peel the garlic.
(6) Put ALL the ingredients in the food processor and blend for a few seconds.
(7) Your Sauce is ready!
(8) GRILL YOUR STEAK WITHOUT ADDING ANY SEASONING.
(9) Top off your favorite steak with this Healthy Sicilian Steak Sauce for a divine experience.
Note #1: This sauce may also be used as a bruschetta. I recommend for that recipe to reduce garlic to 4 cloves.
Note #2: You can add an avocado. It makes the sauce creamy though I prefer without it
Note #3: Feel free to play with the amount of each ingredient to fit your taste!
In English this recipe's name is Country Pasta. It's a simple recipe that my mom grew up eating in Sicily, especially at harvest time when they would eat outdoors. The tasty sauce is made with fresh tomatoes and raw garlic which is so good for your health. It's clean healthy food that can be eaten as part of the Mediterranean diet and it's suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians too.