Wild fennel grows plentifully in Sicily & maybe that's why this is a popular recipe. Sicilians like to eat fennel at the end of a meal to aid digestion and when paired with tangy orange, it makes a light & refreshing salad, half fruit, half vegetable!
We have our own version of this salad but we met Genni in Messina and she served it to us with pine nuts, raisins and pumpkin seeds which add some crunch & extra nutritional benefits. It's definitely a recipe to try over the summer season!
1. Clean the fennel & slice thinly using a mandolin. You can use the mandolin on the Papa Vince peeler.
2. Cut the oranges into cubes.
3. Mix the fennel & the orange together and then add in the raisins, pumpkin seeds & pine nuts. The Italians don't measure their ingredients & you may prefer to use more or less of these ingredients.
4. Add Papa Vince Sea Salt (according to taste).
5. Season with Papa Vince Moscato Vinegar (start with a small amount, taste & add more if necessary).
6. Add a generous portion of Papa Vince EVOO and mix all the ingredients together. The dish is ready to be enjoyed!
You have to watch Vitina & Genni in the video below, they are so excited to be in the kitchen!!! Genni has been cooking since she was a young girl, she owned her own restaurant & she has a professional cooking tip to share with Vitina, it's a Papa Vince kitchen tip!
This is a recipe that was shared by one of our loyal Papa Vince customers. They joined us on our Olive Harvest Tour in Sicily last year and came back with a love in their hearts for Sicily and all things Papa Vince.
We love our customers to share their healthy recipe ideas with us and we can't wait to try this dish ourselves, what better combination than chicken, spinach, tomatoes and mushrooms.
We met Teresa in Messina who invited us into her beautiful Italian home & showed us how to make some of her favorite family recipes. This Linguine recipe is one that she started making just to get creative in the kitchen. The combination of the anchovies and the omega 9 fatty acids in the Extra Virgin Olive Oil make this a health boosting recipe. If you're concerned about the linguine and want a more nutritious option, why not use Papa Vince Tumminia Pasta which is made with ancient grain and contains 6 times more fiber than regular pasta.