DISCLAIMER: Deliciousness is not guaranteed with any other oil but Papa Vince's Raw Unfiltered Extra Virgin Olive Oil. In fact, some of my clients confessed to me that they found themselves having to dump all of their work to the trash because they chose to use another brand.
(1) Slice bread to desired thickness.
(2) Chop Tomatoes and Fresh Parsley, add 2 Tbsp of Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil and set aside.
(3) Crumble Feta Cheese.
(4) Place bread on plate and top with Tomato and Parsley.
(5) Add 1/2 tsp Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil to each piece, as desired.
(6) Finish off each piece with 1/2 tsp crumbled Feta Cheese.
(If feta isn't used we recommend adding salt as desired)
This is a typical dish from Messina which incorporates so many of the fresh ingredients of Sicilian cuisine. Recipes in Sicily vary so much by cities and regions and Vitina told me that despite visiting her family in Sicily so many times, this was the first time she ever experienced this dish. Her family is from the Eastern side and the food is different! This is a very popular recipe and is a creative way to make an eggplant spaghetti sandwich covered in rich tomato sauce, cheese and fresh basil.