Pasta with Lettuce - Diabetic Recipe; less than 20 min
Pasta with Lettuce - 20 min - great for diabetics
This recipe has rescued me hundreds of times. Best of all, it is super easy to make and a great way to introduce children to asparagus!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Active Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Head of Lettuce
- 1 lb of Papa Vince Tumminia Pasta
- Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste ( Min 3 spoons )
- Papa Vince Sea Salt to taste ( Min 1 spoon)
- Pecorino Romano to taste
- Place pot with water on stove. Wait until it boils.
- Crush the Papa Vince Tumminia Pasta as shown in the video
- Cut the lettuce into small pieces.
- When water starts boiling, add salt to the water
- Now, add the lettuce to the water.
- Let cook for 5 minutes
- When water returns to boiling, add the crushed Tumminia Pasta
- Let it cook for 10 minutes until Pasta is "AL DENTE"
- Remove from stove and turn off stove
- Served in Soup bowls for everybody to enjoy
- Do not forget to pour some Raw Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top - it makes the meal DELICIOUS!
- Now you can add some Pecorino Romano too. ENJOY