This recipe is super healthy. It only uses natural ingredients. When grilling, Sicilians season their steaks with NOTHING to ensure that their steaks remain tender and juicy. When serving, that is when they top their steak off with fresh made Healthy Sicilian Steak Sauce. This recipe is one of my favorite ones and it's just perfect for Father's DAY!
(1) Steam the tomatoes two or three minutes in order to remove the skin of the tomatoes. Steam until the skin forms a few cracks. Be sure to not cook tomatoes!
(2) Pour cold water on tomatoes to cool them enough to start peeling.
(3) Peel the tomatoes.
(4) Cut the tomatoes in quarters so that you can remove seeds inside by scooping them out with a spoon.
(5) Peel the garlic.
(6) Put ALL ingredients in the food processor and blend for few seconds.
(7) Your Sauce is ready!
(8) GRILL YOUR STEAK PLAIN to taste. ADD NO SEASONING.
(9) Top off your favorite steak with this Healthy Sicilian Steak Sauce for a divine experience.
Note #1: This sauce may also be used as a bruschetta. I recommend for that recipe to reduce garlic to 4 cloves.
Note #2: Feel free to play with the amount of each ingredient to fit your taste!