My family loves Broccoli Rabe. It is one of our family staples. It's a little bit bitter, but when combined with Papa Vince's Raw Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it is simply out of this world. Below is the recipe and the video showing all the details on how to make it.
(1) Clean and chop broccoli rabe (omit only end stems and yellow leaves. The rest of the stems are delicious!).
(2) Peel garlic and chop it finely.
(3) Peel onion and chop it finely.
(4) Saute onion for 5 minutes in Papa Vince Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Use a deep pot that will contain 1 bunch of broccoli rabe.
(5) When onions are golden, add chopped garlic. Saute for a minute or two.
(6) Add bunch of broccoli rabe with 3/4 of large glass of water.
(7) Let broccoli steam for 13 to 15 minutes (Steam duration depend on preference whether or not you like it "Al Dente" or softer.
(8) Add salt to taste.
(9) Sprinkle Papa Vince's Extra Virgin Olive Oil on top before serving. The later you serve it is the real secret!